Skip to content
Shake Things Up
StretchyMcSteppy posted:
I lost weight pretty fast at first, then the losing slowed down, and slowed... to a crawl...which is okay until it stops or starts crawling back up. I learned I had to boost myself out of a funk. When I hit one slow period I bought a basketball and went to the park and shot hoops. No one but kids were there to see how bad I was at it, and mostly I was chasing the ball because all of the hoops were up on this big hill-- the ball would bounce and roll pretty far. That $13 basketball helped me lose another 13 pounds, made me laugh at myself a lot, and built stamina. My point is there are many fun things you can do to shake your stuff up--I was careful, because my knees were very bad at the time of my Basketball purchase, and now they never hurt.
Was this Helpful?
13 of 22 found this helpful

Spotlight: Member Stories

My weight problems pretty much started at birth. My mother tried to breastfeed me even though she had a very negative attitude towards it. This was at...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.