Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Keep your eyes on the prize!
    An_258031 posted:
    I just read a scrap of paper on which I had copied these words:

Don't give up what you really want for something you want for the moment.

Needless to say, I reconsidered the cookie I was about to eat. I'm going to post this in several key places throughout the house.
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 4 found this helpful

rohvannyn responded:
    Awesome tip. Something I really need to keep in mind.
    Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' - Y

Post reboot starting weight: 201.8 Current weight: 197.8 Goal: 140

bunnyredo replied to rohvannyn's response:
    I'm so glad this could help you! You responded to my first post on this site, and I see you have sent kind words to others who have posted. I hope your thoughtfulness is repaid with the loss of weight you want.

Keep up the positive attitude--it's contagious!

rohvannyn replied to bunnyredo's response:
    Aw... thanks! That's so sweet of you to say. Pay it forward... that's what I always say. I put the quote in my list of inspirational messages. They can be nice to read on a rainy day.
    Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' - Y

Post reboot starting weight: 201.8 Current weight: 197.8 Goal: 140

Spotlight: Member Stories

How can a person be obese when they are surrounded by malnourishment and poverty? How can they live with themselves? How can a missionary help the poo...More

Helpful Tips

Don't wait until Thanksgiving or Christmas to buy a Turkey....
    I find it so much easier to munch on Turkey which is full of protien to hold your hunger. I buy a Turkey once a month. Just Turkey, no ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    3 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.