Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Aloe Vera Juice?
nobody102 posted:
Anyone tried this with success? Thanks

mystieilers responded:
I haven't tried this yet personally. I have however heard that it works miracles on your digestive tract and does a number of other really great things for your body when taken internally. I've contemplated many times talking to my doctor about using it because I suffer from HORRIBLE GERD and my medications haven't been working as well as they used to. I've actually been suffering from chronic nausea over the last few months. I've read many success stories about Aloe Vera Juice and would suggest speaking to your doctor before starting it. But it has proven to aide in a lot of medical problems in a natural way. Beats taking pills!! Good luck and let me know what you decide to do!

rin6974 responded:
I have tried the Aloe Vera Juice. I have awful GERD/Esophageal Ulcers and tried the Aloe Vera Juice for a while. It actually does help to "Cool" things down. It's just that wow is it BAD tasting! :pbpt: I spoke to my Doctor about it and he said it was perfectly safe! Let us know if you did indeed try it and how it worked for you!

LynnRMos responded:
Aloe Vera Juice - I've had Aloe Vera in a clear liquid without any taste. It has had the laxative properties removed. Apparently the Aloe Vera leaf contains some strong laxative natural laxatives. The Aloe Vera liquid claim was that it continued to provide all the benefits without stimulating the colon. I mixed it with powdered digestive enzymes. Couldn't really tell if i was better becasue too many other things were going on in my gi. Didn't hurt me. There are Aloe Vera capsules as well. I believe they also have had the laxative properties removed. I've never read anything negative about using Aloe Vera. I'm just not sure what it was supposed to do. I purchased it in a health food store and in came in a gallon size.

rin6974 responded:
Hi LynnRmos, I have only purchased Aloe Very Juice that has a sour flavor. Where did you find it without flavor and was it difficult to find?? Thanks!!

LynnRMos responded:
It really wasn't called Aloe Vera Juice. Just Aloe Vera (George"s). In the health food store sold in a large gallon plastic container. Do they add something to it that makes it juice - I mean to they add juice of some sort. Because the Aloe Vera itself is almost tasteless.

Helpful Tips

Need Quick Answers?
We know many of our members come to our communities in pain and looking for quick answers to get them some relief. Because communities are ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website