Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
I have a Bubble gut
cleandatup posted:
That is what I was told yesterday afternoon by a client. She wasn't being mean, just observant. Stated I have the noisiest gut she has ever heard. Said it's for sure bubble gut. Said she's gonna call her grandma to find out what I can do to make it settle down and she will let me know when we meet again in two weeks. I thought it was very caring. Of course she knows nothing about my health issues. I will listen to her grandma's advise via her and consider trying with in reason. After all, those old wives tales often work very well.

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Just remember your GI doc thinks those sounds are a GOOD sign---when you stop having those noises with IBD-that is when you should worry-especially if you hurt.

rednewbie responded:
Robin, My husband and I refer to my tummy noises as my "alien" .... and at times it more like the gremlins who have been fed after midnight. I have Crohns and I swear there are times when my belly swells and the gremlins and the alien fight it out in my tummy and it feels like I have a kindergarten class in my belly playing kick ball in my belly. Its crazy! And yes, my husband can hear it across the room. So, you are not alone in making noises. Cracks me up when my aliens starts up and people think I am hungry. Nope, just the alien waking up but make sure the path the bathroom is clear for the next hour or so. :coolfrown: Have a good night! Gin

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website