Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Digestive Problems
oritta1974 posted:
I have had problems with bloating and massive weight gain for the past 3 weeks. I have alot of gas of which the odor is terrible also. I also feel like there is something stuck in my throat. I recently was weaned off of the antidepressant Celexa and these systoms have started while doing this. At the time I am currently off of Celexa but these systems are still with me and its unbearable. Please help me as the doctors say theres nothing wrong with me but I know there is.

earthtonegirl responded:
Your problems may simply be your body re-adjusting to a change in meds. But, a couple thoughts: The feeling of something stuck in your throat is often associated with acid reflux - it's called a "globus sensation". I had it for a couple days once, and it's annoying as can be! You may want to look up acid reflux symptoms and see if they match up. Also look up the lifestyle causes of acid reflux/GERD - things like eating too late before bed - and see if maybe they match up. Most people don't know you can actually have acid reflux without any "heartburn" feeling.

Foul odor can be from a number of things. It could be an imbalance in gut flora (the bacteria, etc., that normally live in your gut, many of which help with digestion). If that's the case, a good probiotic may help - not immediately, but over a week or several. It can also be from a food intolerance - some food your body isn't able to fully break down. Intolerances can be hard to track down because 1. they don't hit immediately after you eat and 2. often they're foods you eat traces of in every meal, like dairy, wheat, etc. If your problem continues, try to keep a food/symptom journal to record everything you eat/drink/take, and see if you can find a pattern.

There aren't a lot of good short-term fixes for gas and bloating, unfortunately. Some people swear by fennel tea - may be a good thing to try. Beano seems to work for some people but not at all for others.

I would NOT recommend a colon cleanse. Those can be dangerous.

Helpful Tips

kidney n digestive disorder
Dear I want to how to keep well kidney permanently and there is a problem nowadays that is i have to go to toilet with pain in belly after ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website