Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
I don't know what's going on, I need help...
falconey4 posted:
So I am not really sure what's going on "intestinally" or "digestively" but I would sure like to know and am hoping that someone out there has either had this problem or knows how to help.

So, I think that my biggest problem is that i am not, how shall i say, "regular" and i think that is what is causing my problems. I feel bloated and like something is blocking me and making me feel "bla-ugh".
I eat pretty healthy about 95% of the time. Mostly fruits and veggies, some protein and limited carbs. I watch my diet pretty closely (because of family issues and i am studying to be a nutritionist).

It's a hard to describe feeling but I am hoping some people know what i am talking about.
Is there anyone out there?

Thanks!!

falconey4 replied to Paul_Lopez's response:
Thanks for your response Paul. I'll definitely will have to give this a try!

earthtonegirl replied to falconey4's response:
Uh, be suspicious of anyone recommending a colon cleanse, especially when they recommend one specific brand, link to the brand's website, and tell you it will work miracles. They sometimes provide temporary relief but often leave you worse off than when you started, and can be dangerous.

Have you seen a doctor about this? Have you noticed any connection with what you eat? It sounds like your diet is pretty healthy, but things like dairy, gluten, or artificial sweeteners can still be problems for some people. Dairy is a notorious constipater. Do you have any other conditions, or anything that runs in your family?

LilMissMerrySunshine replied to earthtonegirl's response:
Second, third, and fourth Earthtonegirl!

Do NOT do any type of colon cleanse without a doctor's approval. Many, many people are worse off afterwards. (Not to mention the obvious link to sell their product...) We have actually had people come to the IBS board who had mild problems, did a colon cleanse, and ended up with major problems since.

You can come over to the IBS/undiagnosed board and read the tips, including keeping a food journal, so you might find an intolerance (as the PP suggested). If this is a long-term, chronic problem, it should be addressed by a GI doc. A simple CT scan with barium might show a blockage or a point at which things are getting "stuck", or (s)he might try you on something like Miralax. Depending on the severity, you may want to have an upper/lower GI study done. There are also blood tests and things of that nature as well.

Please, please do not do a colon cleanse, or take any product like it, without speaking with a doctor!!

falconey4 replied to earthtonegirl's response:
ya, i completely agree with you earthtonegirl.
And no i haven't seen a doctor about this. But i do eat pretty healthy 95% of the time (5% for my treats haha). I don't really have dairy, i don't like cheese that much and if i have milk it's soy because I don't like the taste of regular milk (but still soy milk is rare). The only dairy i have is yogurt and that is a very good food eats.
I think i need to reassess my food diet and see what it could be. I feel like it might be when i eat wheat, and i might over do it because i limit myself so i overcompensate (and that is what i crave, breads cookies pretzels, I don't crave sugar like most haha).

falconey4 replied to LilMissMerrySunshine's response:
ya, i completely agree with you.
And no i haven't seen a doctor about this. But i do eat pretty healthy 95% of the time (5% for my treats haha). I don't really have dairy, i don't like cheese that much and if i have milk it's soy because I don't like the taste of regular milk (but still soy milk is rare). The only dairy i have is yogurt and that is a very good food eats.
I think i need to reassess my food diet and see what it could be. I feel like it might be when i eat wheat, and i might over do it because i limit myself so i overcompensate (and that is what i crave, breads cookies pretzels, I don't crave sugar like most haha).
I will be sure to check out the other board for tips and discussions

MagPrincess replied to falconey4's response:
Try a food journal to help you figure out what is causing the symptoms to appear.

I had to start looking at ingredients before i found it was corn.

The wheat would also makes sense as alot of times it cause those endorphins to be released so your body craves that good feeling taht the wheat creates.

also something else to consider is craving alot of carbohydrates can be a sign of depression.

When you say Yogurt is a good eat be sure to look at it closely alot of yogurts add more sugar than is necessary. yoplait is the worst offender that i have found for that.

Helpful Tips

Need Quick Answers?
We know many of our members come to our communities in pain and looking for quick answers to get them some relief. Because communities are ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website