Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

IBS - c??
    nfrapid posted:
    I was just wondering, I was recently reading some older posts about IBS and Vit. D deficiency - someone mentioned that they have IBS-C, what is that and how do I find out about the different types of IBS?
    Thanks for the help.

greengirl50 responded:
    Its the ibs where constipation premdominates not diarrhea.

earthtonegirl responded:
    Yeah, IBS-C refers to constipation-predominant. IBS-D is diarrhea, and IBS-A is alternating between the two. It doesn't make much difference diagnostically, and you can change from one to the other in the course of your life, but it does affect which remedies help with your symptoms.

(why won't WebMD's filter let me use the word "out-ward"!?)

LilMissMerrySunshine replied to earthtonegirl's response:
    Same reason I cannot use it's (xxxx) hitting. The filter isn't developed enough to see that it is two legitimate words that are separated rather than an attempt to curse.

Wait, what is wrong with out(xxx)ward? What difference does no "d" on the end make? I get hit by the earlier one all the time, but yours makes NO sense!

Helpful Tips

Have you tried better toilet posture?
    There is a great new product on the market aimed at improving colon health by correcting the anorectal angle and making elimination easier ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website