Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Hard knot in stomach
harmon28 posted:
I have had what seems to be a hard knot in my stomach area (small intestines, right below bellybutton) for a few months. My doctor was not sure what it was but gave me antibiotics. I just finished those and the problem is still there. I do not have the normal symptoms people seem to list with digestive issues, like nausea, vomiting, pain, etc. It's just a hard knot that is worst right below my bellybutton and fades away a couple inches away from the center in all directions. I can feel it most when I lie on my back and press on my stomach and it never hurts unless I press hard on it. I do have nagging irregularity, constipation and diarrhea in the same day sometimes. No fever, or extreme constipation or diarrhea, no tiredness, loss of appetite, or sleeping problems. I did used to have blood and mucus in my stool very rarely sometimes, but that hasn't happened in several months. I do have bad bloating and gas sometimes and I never feel that I can fully empty my bowels, even after a large movement. If it could have anything to do with stress and ulcers, I suppose it is worth note that I have always gotten mouth ulcers regularly, in fact I have two right now. Although, I handle stress quite well. Just for a couple other things, I went to France for 9 weeks a year ago and tried many new foods and drinks, and also I used to eat a lot of sushi, up until last fall. My doctor had blood tests run and stool samples checked for parasites, etc. The blood tests came back with no serious problems (c-difficile negative, no anemia) but with a serious vitamin D deficiency (which I am now taking prescription strength vitamin D for). I did not hear the results on the stool samples, but I assume that he would tell me if it were parasites, although I have read a lot about false negatives with that test because there aren't always eggs and parasites that come out with every bowel movement. Any ideas?

sirgerry7 responded:
Hi
I feel the exact same thing but on the upper side of my belly button, is like having a balloon in there, same constipation, no diarreah, no other symptomps. Doctor says its Colitis. I was wondering if you found out what you had
be well

Helpful Tips

Need Quick Answers?
We know many of our members come to our communities in pain and looking for quick answers to get them some relief. Because communities are ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 44 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website