Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Bubbly Urine/Kidney Question
An_201140 posted:
Hi,

I have a question about bubbly urine. Apparently this could mean that there is protein in the urine or rapid urination. I was reading about kidney issues and was wondering how I can tell if it is just normal foaming or indicative of something wrong? I would assume everyone gets some kind of bubbling.. I don't see how you can't. I get bubbles that last about 5-10 seconds after I pee. I don't have any swelling around my body or any problems with urinating either. My main question is, how do I tell the difference between foamy urine that indicates protein and just normal urine? Also, if someone has a kidney problem... what would be the first symptoms to notice? Thank you. I think I might just be somewhat of a hypochondriac but I figured I would try to get this off my mind.

randomguy321 responded:
Also, would it appear to foam kind of like soap or detergent? Im not sure what to expect. Maybe someone out there has experience with this? lol

__Sick__Kidd__ replied to randomguy321's response:
Bubbles in urine after urinating can cause some people to panic. Urine is the solution prepared by the kidneys that contains excretory waste materials and water. By producing urine, the body is actually trying to get rid of the unwanted water soluble substances in the body. Bubbles in urine indicates that the body is trying to get rid of something that causes bubbles. Now, bubbles in urine can also be triggered simply by the forceful flow of urine that causes excess air to get trapped in the urine as it comes in contact with the water in the toilet bowl. Let's find out some of the other bubbles in urine causes.

I got this information from: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/bubbles-in-urine.html

Helpful Tips

abodmenal pain
from last 2 weeks i suffering from abodmenal is pain very badly .and my toilet also not good.always i have to go toilet .per 3,4 times i ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website