Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
PANCREAS WORRIED
dotty1111 posted:
about 2 weeks ago i had my gall bladder taken out , due to nausea , extreme dizzyness horrible sick feeling. They came to that conclusion cause i had a hyda scan which showed it was working at 22 percent . Even though all my pain was in the middle and mostly LEFT side Never on my right . Now i still have a dull constant pain on my left side , my stool is still yellow and i get nauseas but not as severe , i was wondering if i could have a pancreas problem . They gave me a cat scan , ultra sound , hyda scan and some blood work . My question is can pancreas problem not show up in the tests they gave me? I really wasnt pleased with the cold , rushed way i was treated through this whole ordeal and was worried they missed something !!!!!

Daisy9876 responded:
Sounds like you have problems with digesting fat. It causes the symptoms you describe. I have had my gb removed and have had the same problems. Restrict fat in your diet and it will improve. See a gastroenterologist they can help you.

Daisy9876 replied to Daisy9876's response:
It could be pancreatitis with it and caused by it.

dotty1111 replied to Daisy9876's response:
Would a pancreas problem have shown up in these tests they gave me?

Daisy9876 replied to dotty1111's response:
Honestly I do not think if it is in the beginning. Mine was not found until recently ... or missed or something. I have had the same problems as you since then. I now take a pill called Welchol and it has helped me greatly. See a gastro who is willing to listen, I wish I had much sooner! Do not go to a doctor who will not listen to you or rushes you. Good luck!

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website