Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
IBS/yeast?
jujulang posted:
I had my colonoscopy last week and was advised that the polyp she removed was benign with precancerous cells so looks like I will go going on a regular basis which is a good thing. My sister died at 32 with dreaded colon cancer and 3 uncles since.....
anyway, my question is actually about yeast or the possibility of being overrun with it. I thought the colon prep might get me on the right track, but it isn't looking that way. I have had bm's that are pencil thin and now that I know there is no blockage, it's obviously colon spasms causing that. I am also having some burning, stinging, itching around the vaginal and rectal area after cleaning. I am using sensitive skin wipes and trying to be gentle but it's driving me crazy. This was going on prior to the colonoscopy so it's not a by product of that.
I was taking some probiotics but stopped because I really didnt see much change with that.
Does anyone know of any way to tell if I do have a yeast problem and what to do about it?
My motility is still very slow and there isn't much I can do about that but this little added bonus is driving me nuts!

Ladymc_30 responded:
I happen to come across an article about Systemic yeast / Candida? on womantowoman.com it may help

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 60 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website