Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Internal Pain??
lysadestkirra posted:
I've had severe dull achy pain from my hips to my ribcage all the way around. Tummy, back & both sides. It's been non-stop for 2 days now without letting up. It hurts to eat, take a deep breath, cough, sit, lay, walk, everything causes sharp pains. I'm in tears cuz I just can't stand it anymore.

5 years ago, I had a laporoscopy done for suspected endometrosis. All they found was that my bowels were tied up with scar tissue & pinned down where they shouldn't be. Scar tissue was removed & life went on as normal, until recently.

My BM's have went from twice a week & firm ( which is completely normal my whole life) to 3-4 times a day, really soft and loose. Going to the restroom hurts. Intiamacy with my husband hurts. All these symptoms have been going on for about 2 months now. Most of the time its a little uncomfortable but, not painful.

I am 28 years old, have 6 kids. My youngest is almost 5. I've have no diagnosed medical problems and take no medications. I have no insurance so, am very hesitant in seeking a doctor. Especially since I have no idea what kind of doc I need. Is it bowels? galbladder? endometrosis? What? It hurts so much! Please... any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

nycjudy responded:
Considering your past situation, bowels does seem most likely. But there is no way to know for sure.

Before the current episodes, did you do anything to attempt to increase your twice a week BM? (That is just barely on the normal range.) Have you tried any changes in diet to see whether that has any impact?

Helpful Tips

Have you tried better toilet posture?
There is a great new product on the market aimed at improving colon health by correcting the anorectal angle and making elimination easier ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website