Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
What is the worst thing for you when you are ill with digestive problems?
Annie_WebMD_Staff posted:
Hi Everyone!

When you are ill with digestive problems, what do you think is the worst?

The constant trips to the bathroom?

Diarrhea?

Abdominal pain?

Being undiagnosed?

Special diets?

- Annie

CIAO4NOW responded:
Being undiagnosed, without a doubt.

I have been taking Percocet 10/325 for about 3-1/2 years (under the care of my MD) for moderate to severe pain (rt. flank mostly). 2 surgeries later (gallbladder and then renal cysts) and still no real answers - just more symptoms and increasing pain and discomfort. I just had an endoscopy and was told my stomach was enlarged and is bleeding. Can this be caused by the Percocet? I VERY rarely drink alcohol, but have to take about 2-3 pills total in a 24hr. period, on average (or about 1,000mg/24hrs.) Any suggestions would be welcome.

december55 responded:
Being diagnosed for me was one thing - but getting any help or advice was another. My gyn. said I should not be in any pain after I went to bathroom, suggested I see someone else.
I had diverticulitis - had more colonoscopies - all those over the counter recommendations only seem to aggravate.
I recently had diverticuli bleed and in hospital for transfusions. This is not to scare you - only a good GI Doctor is so important.
Telling you what you have is one thing - being advised as to how to live with it was something I never received. I recently had another colonoscopy - upper ultra sound and scope - and had a ivc filter put in - (I had been on a blood thinner which did not help with the bleeding) -

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 60 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website