Skip to content
Hiatal Hernia
Mrs_Robinson98 posted:
Lately, I have been having some unexplained fluctuations in my stomach. It feels like it did during the times I was pregnant and the baby would kick or move. The last time I mentioned it to my OB/GYN, I was pregnant. However, I don't think that is the case this time because I had my tubes tied and have had a recent cyst removed along with my right ovary. I was told that I have a hiatal hernia by my mother. She said that I was born with it. Could it be the cause of this abornmal abdominal movements? And if so is there anything that can be done about it?
DECEMBER55 responded:
Not quite sure what you mean by abdominal movement? Gas? I was diagnosed with a hiatel hernia about 20 years ago - after I literally opened my mouth and a acidy content came out quite forcefully. My first thought was a ulcer - went iommediately to Doctor, tests were done to confirm hiatel hernia.
Mrs_Robinson98 replied to DECEMBER55's response:
It's not gas. It feels like when I was pregnant and my son would kick within the womb.

Helpful Tips

How I get rid of pain
I've had these type of pains for over 20 years. I used to get pains every day in high school and never knew why. I finally realized the ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website