Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Colitis Flare?
kildare6338 posted:
I have been on the toilet since 12:30 AM. I was diagnosed with microscopic colitis in June and started taking a reduced dosage of entocort due to the steroids and my being diabetic. It helped tremendously but the side effects were miserable. My doctor switched me to Lialda - 2 each morning. The first week I did great and now this. Does one experience a flare even while on medication to quiet the symptoms? Do you stay on medication for the rest of your life? Hopefully, some of you can give me some answers. I won't stray far from the facility today since I had to call in sick to work. I will now begin the task of cleaning the carpet in my bedroom where I was unable to make it in time last night. How should I know what to eat and does that really make a difference. I have had Type 1 diabetes for 35 years so my diet is fairly consistent. Help - anyone!

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 123 found this helpful