Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Colitis Flare?
kildare6338 posted:
I have been on the toilet since 12:30 AM. I was diagnosed with microscopic colitis in June and started taking a reduced dosage of entocort due to the steroids and my being diabetic. It helped tremendously but the side effects were miserable. My doctor switched me to Lialda - 2 each morning. The first week I did great and now this. Does one experience a flare even while on medication to quiet the symptoms? Do you stay on medication for the rest of your life? Hopefully, some of you can give me some answers. I won't stray far from the facility today since I had to call in sick to work. I will now begin the task of cleaning the carpet in my bedroom where I was unable to make it in time last night. How should I know what to eat and does that really make a difference. I have had Type 1 diabetes for 35 years so my diet is fairly consistent. Help - anyone!

Helpful Tips

Need Quick Answers?
We know many of our members come to our communities in pain and looking for quick answers to get them some relief. Because communities are ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website