Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Small Bowel Obstruction?
jessicab82 posted:
I have been having abdominal pain and blood in my stool for quite some time now. I have had an Endoscopy and Colonoscopy and just last Monday I had an Enteroclysis of the small intestine test done. The Endoscopy and Colonoscopy looked normal. I have not received the results from my Dr.'s office regarding the Enteroclysis; however My GI doctor asked that I pick up a copy of the disc with my films on it from the hospital because the report from the radiologist was inconclusive. When I picked up the disc they gave me a copy of the report from the radiologist. The report said that a small segment of small bowel had no distention with lumenal narrowing and irregularity. The report stated that there was a stricture in the small bowel in the right mid abdomen.
The abdominal pain had been getting better until last night. Approximately 2-3 hours after I ate I had severe stabbing pain in the center of my abdomen, slightly higher than my belly button. I waited about 2hrs and then went to the ER because the pain and nausea were so severe. When I got there I gave them the copy of the report from the radiologist. They did an X-ray at the hospital and told me I had some constipation on the right side but they did not think it was the source of my pain. They gave me pain medication and told me to follow up with my doctor. I called his office today and they said he is only in on Wednesdays and that is when I can see him. The pain is still really bad and I'm only passing a little bit of stool, even after taking a laxative. The lady in the doctor's office told me if it gets worse to go back to the ER. The pain is excruciating and I am incredibly sick to my stomach. Does this sound like a small bowel obstruction and if so, what do I do to ease the pain and discomfort until Wednesday because the ER is obviously not going to do anything for me.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website