Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Trouble digesting beef
cr4nky posted:
In the last year, I have suddenly become unable to eat beef without awful digestive consequences for 1-3 days afterward. If I eat one hamburger (it seems to be especially ground beef), I suffer with severe constipation accompanied by cramps/bloating in the following days. Every time. I haven't eaten beef often since I was a child, but never had any issues with it until recently. I have noticed an increase in digestive issues in general over the last 2 years, but nothing in particular seems to affect me like beef does and I can generally keep everything in check by regularly eating yogurt and/or taking acidophilous. What is the deal with beef?? I miss my occasional cheeseburger:(

CalGal37 responded:
Cr4ky, people can develop food intolerances to substances they've eaten all of their lives, unfortunately. If nothing else seems to cause issues, it may mean that you're just going to have to learn how to go beef-less.

You could check with your doc and ask to be tested for food intolerance/sensitivity issues. There are some fairly decent tests on the market these days that are used in functional medicine to check out food issues.

Helpful Tips

Need Quick Answers?
We know many of our members come to our communities in pain and looking for quick answers to get them some relief. Because communities are ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website