Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Gas through urethra
eveningperson posted:
I have been having problems with passing gas through my urethra is that something I should be concerned about? I also notice that gas will pass through my vagina. Is this something I should see a doctor about. I was diagnosed with Stage 0 Colon Cancer a little over 2 years now so I am always a bit concerned when something unusual is happening.

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Vaginal gas is perfectly normal according to our Sex and Women's Health Experts. I have never heard of passing gas through the urethra so that is something I would definitely get checked out.

clau0106diaArgentina responded:
Check if you feel the gas originates in the intestines, and ends in the urethra or in the vagina. If it originates in intestines and goes the wrong path, go to your doctor. Also pay attention if there is any liquid or semi-solid, and the color,so you can inform your doctor. One way you can check is to put yourself in the position where you certainly know it gets easy for you to eliminate gases. Mine is lying in the bed to the side. Check that for 3 or 4 days, so you make sure, to tell your doctor what you feel. I wish you good luck. Keep posted. Claudia

Helpful Tips

Need Quick Answers?
We know many of our members come to our communities in pain and looking for quick answers to get them some relief. Because communities are ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website