Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Gastric Ulcer (Urgent Help Please)
darksent21 posted:
Im worried to my girlfriend because she is suffering to her gastric ulcer.. but lucky that she is not throwing up blood.. but she feels really painful.. what medicine should I buy for her?? I gave her ranitidine and a sterilized milk...

alvarado10 responded:
I know that pain. Take her to see a doctor and they will prescribe acid reducing medication and will check if she has the H. Pylori bateria.

A ulcer can take 4-8 weeks to heal or longer if not treated properly.

mtwylie responded:
I agree she should see a doctor if she is in alot of pain and vomiting. Also aks about Sucralfate for the ulcer. Helps mine! If she can't hold down anti-nausea meds, they can give her Compazine in a suppository and that will help with the vomiting. Also, if she is in danger of dehydration or her mineral salts are getting too concentrated from vomiting they may need to run an IV with some fluids. If this happens frequently, for future reference your doctor can put in an order at an infusion center so that won't have to be admitted to the hospital every time. She can get her fluids and potassium right there.

Helpful Tips

Colitis tips
A few months ago, I had a Ulcer Colitis attack and I sure was sick! I went to my GI dr and he told me to do a clear liquid diet for ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website