Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Gastric Ulcer (Urgent Help Please)
    darksent21 posted:
    Im worried to my girlfriend because she is suffering to her gastric ulcer.. but lucky that she is not throwing up blood.. but she feels really painful.. what medicine should I buy for her?? I gave her ranitidine and a sterilized milk...
    alvarado10 responded:
    I know that pain. Take her to see a doctor and they will prescribe acid reducing medication and will check if she has the H. Pylori bateria.

    A ulcer can take 4-8 weeks to heal or longer if not treated properly.
    mtwylie responded:
    I agree she should see a doctor if she is in alot of pain and vomiting. Also aks about Sucralfate for the ulcer. Helps mine! If she can't hold down anti-nausea meds, they can give her Compazine in a suppository and that will help with the vomiting. Also, if she is in danger of dehydration or her mineral salts are getting too concentrated from vomiting they may need to run an IV with some fluids. If this happens frequently, for future reference your doctor can put in an order at an infusion center so that won't have to be admitted to the hospital every time. She can get her fluids and potassium right there.

    Helpful Tips

    Drinking waer everyday keeps my digesive going. More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website