Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Bleeding from both ends
lissmeanstrouble posted:
Oh dear so I have not had the want to talk about this up until now. Its my LEAST favorite thing to talk about bowel movements and habits and things, I have known for the past 2 years something is definitely wrong I went to a doc who told me to have colonoscopy at the time which I could not afford. It has been 2 years, at first she said I probably have IBS and to try and control it with diet, this actually worked well at first. I dont know if my relapse in problems is because I have not been watching what I eat at all lately or if its because there has been a problem growing worse the more I ignore....
I have diarrhea at LEAST once a day, at LEAST, I dont normally become constipated. Yeah I am pretty sure that hasnt been a problem at all, just loose stools, and having to have bowel movements more then once a day, like on new years eve, I was so embarassed I had to go poop like every time I went pee while I was drinkin beer, and then the next morning I woke up and puked my guts out... at the end of my first puke, there was two globs of blood. This scared me, and then I threw up again, this time there was not any food just foam and it was tinged pink with blood, the rest of my throw up did not have blood in it, but the rest of that day I had burning in my chest and it was hard to swallow.
Today I am at work and very concerned I have had to go to dump 3 times and everytime there is a larger and larger amount of blood dripping into the toilet. the water in the bowl is red, I am almost positive this is just rectal but its bleeding alot, and it has never been so bad before... I dont know how to make the bleeding stop and what it could mean to throw up blood.
I have a doctor appt on Friday was the soonest I can get in, I am wondering if I should wait that long or get in the emergency room?

georgiagail responded:
Your significant rectal bleeding needs to be looked into NOW.

Gail

georgiagail responded:
You have significant rectal bleeding. You need to get this looked into NOW, not wait until Friday for your physicians appointment.

Gail

lissmeanstrouble replied to georgiagail's response:
I went to see my doctor on Friday, and he was pretty concerned, he run a spirometer test, a chest x ray, he is thinking of oding stool samples, but I told him I would rather not until after the colonoscopy.... i have a colonoscopy scheduled for this friday.
Thanks for oyur feedback, I just wanted a outside opinion on how severe this was cause I dont generally tell everyone about my bowels... the rectal bleeding has slowed up alot but it is always there.

sheba_q replied to lissmeanstrouble's response:
You might not like to talk about bowel issues but you're having them. Two years is a long time to wait due to embarrassment - now you need to get testing done, and preferably as many tests as possible before your scope on Friday. It's unlikely that you're going to get an answer immediately but at least getting tests done now means you should start getting answers next week.

lissmeanstrouble replied to sheba_q's response:
Yeah my dad keeps telling me Im too young and its all in my head, I think he just hopes that I am okay. I am only 22... and everyone at the scheduling place is like I cant believe you need a scope already! I kept tellign myself it will go away on its own, its just what Im eating, that I was eating poorly, but thats not true, poor eating wouldnt cause me to bleed so much... thanks for the support. I am just hoping I can take the prep right and nothing goes wrong, like I wont have to reschedule cause I am not all the way empty or something...

sheba_q replied to lissmeanstrouble's response:
Now that's something I've never been able to understand - how anyone can think it's "all in your head" when you're bleeding. It's an old chestnut that I wish would just go away.

A lot of people are scoped when they're young. The prep isn't fun but it's doable. If you eat lightly today then there'll be that much less to come out when you do the prep tomorrow.

lissmeanstrouble replied to sheba_q's response:
So I had the scope, he says I am fine, just hemmroids, and a fissure. He wants me to follow up with him... he didnt tell me what to do about those problems yet. I am still bleeding tho, alot.

sillychip123 responded:
when you are bleeding and cant stop it you need to be seen fast!!!! it could be nothing and they just give you something to take and it will stop are it could be something they have to work on waiting is NOT the right thing to do. i will pray for you that all will be well. i know what you are going through i have been having issues for a month now. but the doctor is working on it. get help thats what is important. good luck.

lissmeanstrouble replied to sillychip123's response:
I called the GI lab and told them I wasnt able to fill my analpram yet, what should I do... she told me to use zinc oxide cream, cause I had some at home, and I did like a sitz bath, when I got home, and I think its doing better today.
I also read alot of reviews that analpram causes anal warts?! never heard of that, but dont want them!

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
36 of 60 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website