Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Diverticulosis
Zawak posted:
Hi, i was diagnosed with diverticulosis this past summer. Had mild pain in the lower left ab was checked for hernia then did a ct where the discovery was made. I must admit my pain is very mild compared to the the stories ive read, I just get this faint feeling, I guess nausea but mostly the faint feeling. Starts in the stomach/chest area then radiates out to the limbs and seems to coincide with the pain in the abdomen. I guess it's my body telling me somethings going on? just wondering if anybody else experiences this, it's really freaking me out.

Just got off 10 days of antibiotics, Cipro, felt better but a few days after finishing the feeling is returning. Not even sure if I had an infection, no fever, but I did feel better taking them except for the side effects. I was hardly eating during that time and am wondering if that made me feel better, lost a lot of weight so been trying to eat more maybe causing the symptoms to return.

Sorry for the long story, have a lot of anxiety over this, sleepless nights, feel like im going crazy.

Thanks for listening.

alvarado10 responded:
I felt the same way with anxiety. Atleast you know what you have and what to expect. Keep calm because anxiety can contribute to your problem.

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website