Vomiting Every Few Weeks
Jen1306 posted:
So, I'm new to this whole discussion thing (I've literally never started or replied to one on any website) but since search engines failed me and my doctors appointment isn't for another week I figured it's about time I man up and post.

Here is my problem, one night every 2-3 weeks I have been waking up at 2am with a horrible nauseous feeling. I always get up and drink as much water as I can. The nausea is followed by cold sweats and feeling lighted headed. Finally around 2:30am I start to vomit. It's usually only once or twice and it's only the water I had just drank and bile/stomach acid (I'm not sure which it is). I am usually better a couple hours later and the next day my stomach is perfectly fine, like nothing ever happened. Except the last time I was sick the whole next day too. This has been going on for the last four months and it's becoming more frequent (it started at every three weeks and now is at every two weeks).

If it helps, I'm a 21 year old female with no major health problems. I'm normal weight, I work out, I don't smoke, I drink once or twice a week socially, and don't touch drugs. My only medication is adderall for my ADHD which I've been on since March this year.

Sorry if I posted TMI but I'm really starting to freak out and the symptoms checker on here only made it worse (that thing can turn anyone into a hypochondriac). I know that my doctor is the most reliable person to talk to, but I'm hoping someone else has been through this and knows what it may be.

alvarado10 responded:
keep a journal on what you eat and see if that helps. It's ok to be scared, see a doctor as soon as you can.

CalGal37 responded:
Jen, see if you notice a correlation between eating fatty or greasy foods of any sort and how you feel. Some of what you're describing sounds a bit like a gallbladder issues, although that's something your doc is going to have to determine.

If what you're bringing up is clear, then it's acid. But if it's colored a yellow or green, it's bile.

If you're on any form of hormones, that could impact your digestive system and gallbladder, too.

mtwylie responded:
Hi Jen. I don't know if this fits, but check this out:
http://www.cvsaonline.org/
I have had bouts of uncontrollable vomiting, each lasting about 10 days. I cried the first time I read the description on this website, because absolutely NO ONE knew what was wrong with me, and this describes it perfectly. See if it fits for you, too.
M