Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Pain in side
nicholasofcusa posted:
It's a pinching feeling. It moves around, but it's usually around 6-8 inches to the right of and an inch above my belly-button. It becomes most noticeable after I eat. Tolerable, but it's almost constant throughout the day. This just started in the last month or two.

I looked at an anatomy diagram, and it looks like area of the cecum or large intestine, but I have no formal knowledge of the body.

I am very careful about what I eat. I eat NO junk food and much of my diet is unprocessed or lightly processed natural food. I do eat canned beans, though. I am de facto vegan, although I'm willing to eat meat if it's from a high-quality source. I eat a lot of broccoli and quinoa especially, and steel-cut oatmeal for breakfast. These foods basically replaced cereal and a turkey sandwich for me.

I'm underweight, about 6'0", but 148. I lost a lot of weight a few years ago after cutting out all junk food and walking a lot after spending most of my life around 190-195. I'm 32.

Thanks for any help.

alvarado10 responded:
If this is your only symptom, I would suspect a kidney stone. see your doctor and drinks lots of water.

CalGal37 responded:
Nicolas, it might be a good idea to check this out with your doctor. The area you're indication could be the area of the ascending colon - right above the cecum. When you have a continuing discomfort and you can't seem to correlate it with anything specific other than it starts after you eat, it should be checked out.

nicholasofcusa replied to CalGal37's response:
Thanks to both of you for your advice.

Unfortunately, I don't have insurance, but I will see a doctor and use my savings.

Alvarado, I couldn't drink more water than I already do.

It's awfully ironic that I have this condition only after I started being very careful about what I eat. When I ate the standard American diet I always felt fine.

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website