Acid Reflux
lacee1986 posted:
I am on my second major bout of acid reflux. About 6 weeks ago I came down with it pretty bad. Right before I had it, I had diarrhea for over a week. It took about 2 weeks to relieve my symptoms. I am now having bad acid reflux again and I have pain right below my sternum. I am having gas as well. I am taking Prilosec, digestive enzymes with acidophilus, and drinking lemon ginger tea. It has gotten better within the past few days. I am just not understanding why I am having these issues. Does this sound like an ulcer? Could it be an infection? I haven't had any fever. I eat fairly healthy. I would just like a little more insight on a few things that it could be.

lacee1986 responded:
Also, is it strange that I don't get heartburn with my acid reflux?

alvarado10 replied to lacee1986's response:
I had the same symptoms when mine began. Protonix really helped out (20 day treatment). but I think the medicine helped make diarrhea worse along with gas.

I havnt been dignosed yet but i'm better then before. I beleive mine to be caused by an ulcer or gastritis since I never had acid reflux problems before.

lacee1986 replied to alvarado10's response:
So, you just did a 20 day treatment with an acid reducer and it made it go away? I think mine might be an ulcer as well.

alvarado10 replied to lacee1986's response:
I first tried prevacid 30mg but didnt help much. I saw a different doctor who gave me the protonix 40mg and worked well. Sometimes you need to take a different medincation.

lacee1986 replied to alvarado10's response:
Well I had been doing okay for the past few days til I decided to have an iced tea. I drank it and within an hour my acid reflux came back and I have had it ever since.