Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Acid Reflux
lacee1986 posted:
I am on my second major bout of acid reflux. About 6 weeks ago I came down with it pretty bad. Right before I had it, I had diarrhea for over a week. It took about 2 weeks to relieve my symptoms. I am now having bad acid reflux again and I have pain right below my sternum. I am having gas as well. I am taking Prilosec, digestive enzymes with acidophilus, and drinking lemon ginger tea. It has gotten better within the past few days. I am just not understanding why I am having these issues. Does this sound like an ulcer? Could it be an infection? I haven't had any fever. I eat fairly healthy. I would just like a little more insight on a few things that it could be.

lacee1986 responded:
Also, is it strange that I don't get heartburn with my acid reflux?

alvarado10 replied to lacee1986's response:
I had the same symptoms when mine began. Protonix really helped out (20 day treatment). but I think the medicine helped make diarrhea worse along with gas.

I havnt been dignosed yet but i'm better then before. I beleive mine to be caused by an ulcer or gastritis since I never had acid reflux problems before.

lacee1986 replied to alvarado10's response:
So, you just did a 20 day treatment with an acid reducer and it made it go away? I think mine might be an ulcer as well.

alvarado10 replied to lacee1986's response:
I first tried prevacid 30mg but didnt help much. I saw a different doctor who gave me the protonix 40mg and worked well. Sometimes you need to take a different medincation.

lacee1986 replied to alvarado10's response:
Well I had been doing okay for the past few days til I decided to have an iced tea. I drank it and within an hour my acid reflux came back and I have had it ever since.

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website