Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Bowel Sanitation
An_201506 posted:
I am concerned about a loved one, who has contact with someone that is unsanitary. I understand that some people can not control their bowels, but I have concerns when that person keeps on those same clothes for days without changing or trying to clean up in some kind of way. This is very unsanitary and disgusting. What kind of communicable disease can you contact from being around someone like that?

alvarado10 responded:
I'm not aware of catching any disorder from using the same restroom. Washing the hands should be enough from getting sick.

An_201507 replied to alvarado10's response:
Maybe I need to be more specific. I don't think they can catch a bowel disorder but I'm worried that they may catch some kind of skin disease from personal contact. I have heard of Scabies coming from filth, is it possible for the other partner to catch something of this nature?

Helpful Tips

kidney n digestive disorder
Dear I want to how to keep well kidney permanently and there is a problem nowadays that is i have to go to toilet with pain in belly after ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website