Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
microcystic colitis
formyauntyyohko posted:
After having colonoscopy, my 78 year old aunty has been diagnosed with microcystic colitis. her diarrea has gotten better since her physician has given her antibiotics, but her nausia hasn't gone away. She is nausiated from the minute she wakes up until about noo-1 p.m. every day. she is on her 4th prescription of anti-nausia meds and nothing has helped. She has had dierrea for 6 months prior to being diagnosed, the same with nausia. She also has gallbladder stones and recently has been treated for some stomach bacteria. My aunty has lost 24 pounds in the last 6 months. I have checked for "microcystic colitis" and I can't locate "microcystic" type of colitis on the net for me to look up and understand. Can someone explain it to me?

calgal37 responded:
Could it perhaps be microscopic colitis? If so, most consider that it's a a form of inflammatory bowel disease (autoimmune) with 2 sub-sets: lymphocytic and collagenous. There is debate about this, however. Others feels the different presentations may just be different stages of the same problem. If you google, you should find quite a bit of information on the subject.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 63 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website