Skip to content
There's something wrong & it needs to get fixed!!
everydayizagift posted:
I've had Colitis for over 10 years up until 2009 and now I have Crohn's colitis. I am not familiar with Fistulas and fissures but I think I have one. Would I need a Colorectal Surgeon? & can I call and get an appointment with a colorectal surgeon without a referral. It's rather embarassing AND when I got my pap smear I told my doctor the issue and where it was located and she said everything looks fine. Ummmm, I know my body, it was never like this before. My issue is that when I am straining, I think the spasm is so intense that it forces me to urinate... BUT not from the place you're supposed to urinate.
I also thought I had hemorroids but they aren't going away and look different than the ones I have gotten in the past.

& is it okay to just stop Remicade infusions? I don't have a specialist, so I can't get the infusion... How can I get Remicade without having a specialst?
everydayizagift responded:
nothing? no answer?
Annie_WebMD_Staff replied to everydayizagift's response:
Hi everydayizagift,

As this board currently doesn't have a doctor to answer community members' questions I'm going to suggest that you may want to also repost your question on our Crohns and Colitis Community . Look at the left hand side navigation bar and click on the Related Digestive Disorders Communities

Also look up fistula by using the WebMD search engine. To read about Remicade please use the WebMD search engine and click on the Find a Drug link to read about it including using this medication correctly.

- Annie

Helpful Tips

I have had CC for three years now. I have been on steroids and every time I got off, the problems would return again in two weeks...I found ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website