Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    There's something wrong & it needs to get fixed!!
    everydayizagift posted:
    I've had Colitis for over 10 years up until 2009 and now I have Crohn's colitis. I am not familiar with Fistulas and fissures but I think I have one. Would I need a Colorectal Surgeon? & can I call and get an appointment with a colorectal surgeon without a referral. It's rather embarassing AND when I got my pap smear I told my doctor the issue and where it was located and she said everything looks fine. Ummmm, I know my body, it was never like this before. My issue is that when I am straining, I think the spasm is so intense that it forces me to urinate... BUT not from the place you're supposed to urinate.
    I also thought I had hemorroids but they aren't going away and look different than the ones I have gotten in the past.

    & is it okay to just stop Remicade infusions? I don't have a specialist, so I can't get the infusion... How can I get Remicade without having a specialst?
    everydayizagift responded:
    nothing? no answer?
    Annie_WebMD_Staff replied to everydayizagift's response:
    Hi everydayizagift,

    As this board currently doesn't have a doctor to answer community members' questions I'm going to suggest that you may want to also repost your question on our Crohns and Colitis Community . Look at the left hand side navigation bar and click on the Related Digestive Disorders Communities

    Also look up fistula by using the WebMD search engine. To read about Remicade please use the WebMD search engine and click on the Find a Drug link to read about it including using this medication correctly.

    - Annie

    Helpful Tips

    Drinking waer everyday keeps my digesive going. More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website