Skip to content
Gallbladder disease?
annied43906 posted:
I am a 29 year old female. In 2008, I was hospitalized after having severe upper right quadrant pain with middle back pain. I was diagnosed as having a UTI that traveled into my kdneys and gallbladder. Antibiotics cleared up the problem. One year later, during my pregnancy , I developed cholestasis of pregnancy in my 8th month. After delivering the baby, within 6 hours I had severe upper right quadrant pain that lasted for one day, then disappeared. Two years later I began having and continue to have upper right quadrant pain that radiated into the back and right shoulder. The attacks are generally mild (two have been severe), always without nausea or vomiting, but the gallbladder area is always tender to the touch and i get frequent sharp pains in that area. I am constantly bloated, stools are generally soft, no diarrhea, with black specks in them that look like pepper. An ultrasound showed a 6 mm sludge ball or polyp (doctors as of now do not know which) in the fundus of the gallbladder, no wall thickening. Rest of gallbladder was normal. Liver and pancreas normal. Had a hida scan with cck and am awaiting results. However, the cck only caused abdominal crammping and nausea during the test. Gallbladder pain came within the last minute of the test and gallbladder has been hurting more than usual ever since (one day later). What could possibly be wrong? Does my reaction to the CCK mean anyting?
alvarado10 responded:
Did the doctors check to see if your GB was inflamed? You just may need to have it removed.

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 126 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website