Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Stool problems
pokeravi posted:
Hi all,

Every since high school I have had problems with releasing my stool. In the morning when I wake up I almost always have to defecate but it won't come out until 1 or 2 hours later. And during those 1 or 2 hours when the stool won't come out it is extremely uncomfortable and I sometimes even feel bloated and gassy, especially if I've had breakfeast. After I release my stool I feel comfortable agian most of the time. However this happens almost every day and I have to wake up an hour earlier to make sure I'm not uncomfortable at work. Also, I don't know if this is normal but I find my self releasing my stool 2 or even 3 times a day. And sometimes even after I go it feels like there's still some poop left in the colon.

Another issue that's more recent is that my poop has become increasingly mushy and clumpy in shape. It doesn't come out as sausage-shaped anymore but instead as a huge clumpy mess. It's so mushy that it even sticks to the sides of the toilet. This has been happening for the past week and a half. I'm a 21 year old vegetarian if that helps, and most of my diet is Indian.

alvarado10 responded:
This may be IBS. You should see a GI doctor and get colonscopy. Don't worry its a very simple procedure.

take care

WesMantooth responded:
Hmmmmm. I eat mostly vegetarian too. The most when meat is chicken or fish here and there.
I have similar problems.

However, I do not measure my fiber intake, and I know that I'm deficient of the daily value. In addition, I don't drink 8 glasses of water.

When I did this one day, the next day, it was perfect poop! I mean, it was easy and golden! (ha)

Seriously, it was. I'm going to try that again. It seems that I'm always gassy, have the clumps, etc.

Fiber holds the poop together like glue, that way you get the uniformed poop. Try to monitor your fiber intake. You should be getting around 40 grams really! If not, 21 will do!

Aside from that, you should be drinking 50% of your body weight in ounces of water. If you weigh 150, 75 ounces.

Do both and your clumps should do the trick

subashd responded:
have also same type of problem how you solve it

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

kidney n digestive disorder
Dear I want to how to keep well kidney permanently and there is a problem nowadays that is i have to go to toilet with pain in belly after ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website