Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Biliary Dyskinesia
xTorrez09x posted:
Hi everyone about 3 weeks ago I was diagnosed Biliary Dyskinesia after suffering for over 8 months of not being able to eat and feeling sick all the time. My gallbladder is working at 13% (I do not have stones, its just not functioning) and I just met with a surgeon to have it taken out, he told me I have a 75 to 80% chance of being back to normal after surgery. He even suggested I try a low fat diet for a while, ive been on pretty much a no-fat diet for 6 months with no luck, so he said the Gb has to come out. Has anyone had this and has surgery helped, how were you after? Any comments would help, Ive never had surgery and am really freaked out, seeing as im only 20 and have never had anything major with health go on.

Thanks so much!

alvarado10 responded:
This is a simple same-day surgery. Don't worry, its like falling asleep and waking up as if nothing happened. They may want you to stay on a liquid diet for atleast two day.

valentina123 responded:
I was just diagnosed with same thing yesterday and mine is working at 4% I have an appt. with surgeon next week to set up surgery. Have you already had your surgery if so how have you been feeling? Have you had any problems? Thanks for any info you can share.

chandlerbree replied to valentina123's response:
I personally suggest that you do not get it taken out. I got mine taken out a year ago as of february 26 and have seen things gradually get worse. I am 17 years old and at the time I was 16 and things are worse. I have seen multiple doctors and have seen a bunch of GI doctors. I had a Upper Gi and a colonoscopy and they found i have Gastritis and Acid Reflux. I am currently taking Nexium for these problems but rely on the Nexium to keep me from throwing up. Don't get it out !

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website