Skip to content
Anyone have an experience like mine
cwu007 posted:
Since mid December I have had abdominal pain. It's at the upper center part of my abdomen and often spreads to both the right and left side. First my doctor thought it was a Ventral Diathesis. That diagnosis stayed for a month until I started to get nausea and vomiting. The nausea usually happened shortly after I ate and usually about 10 minutes after my meal I would start vomiting. My doctor felt that it was gallstones or something wrong with my gallbladder so she ordered an ultrasound and some blood work. She also told me to cut out all fats and oils out of my diet. Which I did starting the very next day. Complete vegan diet minus all oils, nuts, and avocados. I still vomited on several occasions on the diet. I just got my ultrasound results today and they're normal. I'm still waiting for my blood results. I'm tired of hitting brick wall after brick wall. I just want answers.
Anyone go through anything like this and if you did what did it end up being?
cwu007 responded:
I just got my blood results, they're normal. My doctor believes it's been several stomach flus. I went back to my normal diet tonight and became nauseated after eating. Looks like I'm calling my doctor on Monday again.
alvarado10 replied to cwu007's response:
I went through the same symptoms for nearly three months, feeling sick, upper stomach pain etc. My ultrasound and CT scans were normal except for a small gallbladder polyp. I and lost over 10 pounds and was miserable.

Finally I had a endoscopy and everything was normal except for mild inflammation from acid reflux. Now i'm back to normal, gained some weight back except for a few minor symptoms.

So my advice is to get a endoscopy to rule other causes.

Helpful Tips

I have had CC for three years now. I have been on steroids and every time I got off, the problems would return again in two weeks...I found ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website