Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
grains as triggers for irritable bowel syndrome
TwilaK posted:
I would like to hear from anyone else with IBS, with grains(wheat, barley, rye, oats, etc, cornmeal,etc) that are trigger foods. I would like to hear what you do to get your daily requirement of grains in. I am doing Weight WAtchers, and am having a difficult time trying to find grains that I can tolerate, especially for breakfast.

avarm responded:
i have a lot of trouble in the am with grains and eggs bother the only thing i have any luck with is corn chex they are gluten free and the ai put a few walnuts in it with latose free milk. works good for me . i get alittle bored with it but if i stray my stomach goes haywire

sheba_q responded:
I have IBD and my digestion is far more finicky in the morning, and I've seen posts that say the same is true for many people with IBS. I'd suggest testing grains later in the day and seeing how well you do with them then. It may be that you won't be able to eat grains in the morning and will have to stick with potatoes as your morning starch.

Helpful Tips

abodmenal pain
from last 2 weeks i suffering from abodmenal is pain very badly .and my toilet also not good.always i have to go toilet .per 3,4 times i ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website