Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Stomach/Bowel Disorder of Some Sort
An_201564 posted:
I have been having urgent, gotta go to the bathroom NOW problems for a couple of months now. The symptoms are mainly -- if I feel I need to go poop -- I'd better go NOW. I am not "gassy", I don't have bloating or severe pain. I never had this problem until recently and not until after I began eating Activia yogurts -- which I no longer eat. The urges are often and I've learned which urges I'd better hit the toilet with -- after having a "shart"... I have no other serious symptoms, no real pain, the fecal matter is not runny, but what I would term as mushy...and always leaves residue in the toilet so I have to clean it after every "run"... the fecal matter is not dark in color, nor does it have obvious blood or other discolorations. I have no other symptoms that I associate with this disorder. Any ideas of what this could be?

everydayizagift responded:
It may be a food allergy of some kind. Maybe a sensitivity to dairy products or foods containing gluten. I would start a food diary to figure out what foods make you feel better/worse.
You then can have more control over your bm's and know what to eat when (so you're not running to the bathroom every 5 min during your important meeting)
Join my Community - That Girl's Support Lounge - Intestinal Disorders and Diseases

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 63 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website