Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Stomach Pain
An_201569 posted:
Everyday I wake up with stomach cramps, nausea, and a headache. I go to see a gastro on the 17th. When I was 15 I was diagnosed with a hiatel hernia.
Would the hernia be causing all this? What is going on?

Or is it more of a OB problem?

An_201570 responded:
Needless to say I havent been eating much. I eat 1 meal a day, at dinner because I feel decent enough to eat, otherwise Im to nauseaous to.

alvarado10 replied to An_201570's response:
Is your pain in your upper or lower stomach? I had upper stomach pain for six months but during that time graduing improving. I had a endoscopy done only to find mild inflammation.

hellos245 replied to alvarado10's response:
Both, underneath my ribs and lower abdomen. I had an endoscope 9 years ago, and found a hernia.

alvarado10 replied to hellos245's response:
I would ask for a ultrasound for any possible gallstone or kidney stones first. If thats clear ask your gastro for another endo or colonscopy.

hellos245 replied to alvarado10's response:
Will do. Its just hard because I have no insurance.

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website