Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Constant stomach/chest pains
An_201573 posted:
I have been having pains in the stomach/chest for a while now. Its more of a burning, gurgally, and sharp pains, than nausea and upset. Usually I will take a antiacid or a gasx and it will calm the pain for a little while. There seems to be no pattern of when it happens, but has been happening more and more. Does this sound like something I should be concerned with or just more on the lines of heartburn?

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon_154491,

I'm sorry but it's not possible for anyone to be diagnosed over the internet. Please do see a doctor for help. You may want to use the Symptom Checker tool to find WebMD articles to help you. Check out the Digestive Disorders Health Center for more helpful articles.

- Annie

Magsjeanea responded:
Anon,
Anytime you take a First Aid class the first thing they will teach you is that you never screw around with chest pains. Always take chest pains as if it is heart related until you find out differently. I would rather feel silly and be told it is not heart related than to be in serious trouble with it being a heart problem. Please do no take this lightly. Get to your physician as soon as you can. Pain is an indication that there is a problem! Small problems stay small when they are taken care of in a timely manner. Please get help.
Take good care,
Love Goes There, Mag's Jeaneau

alvarado10 responded:
I agree. You should be evaluated by a doctor asap just to rule out other serious conditions. Chest pain can also be caused stress and acid reflux.

Helpful Tips

Need Quick Answers?
We know many of our members come to our communities in pain and looking for quick answers to get them some relief. Because communities are ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website