Skip to content


Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Peptic Ulcer question. Please help.
dhman06 posted:
Hi my name is Dinesh. I am 52 years old and I have diabetes with a history of Heart disease (heart attack) as well. Recently I have been diagnosed with Peptic Ulcer. Now I know that it take a lot of time for a wound to heal for Diabetic patients. Now my question is since my ulcer is an internal wound, should I be concerned about it not healing. Sometimes I heard that the ulcer can turn into cancer. Is that a possibility? How often should I see a doctor regarding this? Which specialist should I see? I will appreciate any suggestions.
Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Dinesh,

If you are currently under a doctor's care, please contact your doctor for help. You list a few medical conditions here including heart disease, diabetes, and an ulcer. A GI (gastroenterologist ) doctor deals with the digestive system.

Read more about a peptic ulcer by using the WebMD search engine. The Digestive Disorders Health Center is the place to visit to read about digestive problems.

We also have a WebMD Heart Disease Community and a WebMD Diabetes Community for more community help.

Take care!

- Annie
Sign up for the WebMD email GI Newsletter!

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
65 of 123 found this helpful