Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
why does my stomach expand after eating?
herbert1230 posted:
After eating my stomach drastically expands. It also expands after drinking a lot of water. I was wondering if anyone knew what the reason was for this could you please let me know. Also if anyone knows how i can help fix this problem please assists.

Magsjeanea responded:
Herbert, The way the anatomy of the stomach is that as you eat or drink your stomach will expand.  It started out small with accordion type structure called rugae, that allows expansion so that your stomach does not burst. There is no way to change this because nothing is wrong with your stomach. Maybe you should google the anatomy of the stomach and see what it is supposed to do. Hope this helps you with your questions. Take good care,
Love Goes There, Mag's Jeaneau

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website