Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Cannot get a diagnosis
Lilyknuckles posted:
I have been going to the doctor and trying to figure out what in the world in wrong. I am 26 f I have had an immaculate amount of stress in my life..thats what the docs say too. Oh your just stressed...umm no..I'm not. A little but not to cause all these issues. The doc has given up I believe and diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia.
Here are my symptoms: Headaches, dont heal well, congestion, body aches, sore from something I bumped into 2 years ago!! Bruises, dryness of skin. I cannot drink alcohol anymore..I black out if I drink more than 3 glasses or wont recall what happened. Confusion, GAS, constipation, noisy stomach, I had intercourse the other night and I dont know what he did but I have been walking around for 3 days in extreme abdominal pain...almost feels like me intestines..hurts when gas is moving through. WOW....I'm so confused with all these symptoms. I have been tested for:::::HIV-Lukemia-Hepetitis A,B,C-Lupus, Thyroid Disease, White blood cells and red checked. All defiecnies...A,B,C,D. Hormones, Everything checks out okay! I'm not convinced. I have had a CT scan..nothing..what to do, going back to GI doctor thursday,,hoping she will tell me something. Please say Prayers..

sheba_q responded:
It's sad when we actually want something bad to show up on a test, so that we can point at it and say "aha - that's what I have!" Sometimes it can take a long time to get a diagnosis though. How long have you been going through this?

One problem I see popping up is that a lot of your symptoms aren't related to digestive problems. It is possible that you could have a food intolerance (which yes, can cause really serious symptoms). While waiting to get some food tests run, starting a food/symptom diary would be a good thing to do.

Other than that I don't think that's what is going on with you. I looked up Fibromyalgia and a lot of the symptoms do match up, so it is a possibility.

Btw the next time your doctor brings up the old chestnut "stress" please point at a bruise and ask him how stress caused it. Sure stress can make things worse but it's not the cause of what's going on.

Helpful Tips

Have you tried better toilet posture?
There is a great new product on the market aimed at improving colon health by correcting the anorectal angle and making elimination easier ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website