Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Do I need to see a doctor?
AmIdying posted:
Yesterday, I had diarhea which was an off-putting whiteish gray. Today, I woke up to nearly crippling lower abdominal pain. When I stood up, the room started spinning and I got really hot. The pain has dulled since then, but it goes back to the terrible pain when I pee. My anus hurts, too. I've been throwing up and it burns really bad (like eating a really spicey pepper, which I know didn't cause it because I don't eat spicey foods). I have trouble standing up straight without wobbling. I've also got some abdominal swelling. Should I take this to the doctor or will it subside?

sheba_q responded:
This is serious enough that you should see a doctor.

kjme11374 responded:
I would go to the emergency room if you cant see your doctor. You PROBABLY need to see a gastroenterologist, but I dont have any medical knowledge beyond my own issues.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 63 found this helpful