Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Should I see a doctor?
An_201651 posted:
I have been healthy this entire season so far until last Sunday. I had a fudgsicle and felt fine. But then I had an episode of loose stools about twice. I then had severe growling sounds from my stomach afterwards. The next day I ate dairy just to see if I was Lactose Intolerant. I had the same symptoms and I just figured that it was correct. This has been happening all week. When I deprived myself of it, I got better and better. Now that I am on supplements I feel fine, but I still do not feel great. I have a feeling that I am just guessing a diagnosis in the hopes I'll feel better. I still feel pretty anxious, still have loose stools, I am easily full, and I still have to use antacids just so I can sleep through the night. Should I wait a couple days until I get used to the supplements, or should I see a doctor since I have no prior history of this kind of stomach behavior or lactose intolerance? I am starting to get worried here...

Magsjeanea responded:
Sorry it took so long for someone to reply to you. Welcome to our community.

#1 You can't figure out if you are lactose intolerant by eating dairy one day. It is much more complicated than that. You need to start a food diary along with what symptoms you are getting when you eat certain foods.

#2 You need to see a gastroenterologist if you are having this type of diarrhea and problems eating.

Taking supplements is always a good idea when you are having a problem eating but you stand a chance of not tolerating the supplements either.

I hope you can find the answers to you problems. Make sure you make that doctor appointment.
Take good care,
Love Goes There, Mag's Jeaneau

cOnFuSeD0o replied to Magsjeanea's response:
I am better now, but thank you for your compassion and patience to answer my question. It turned out to be emotional and my anxiety was making me feel worse. Sometimes when I'm anxious I unintentionally make myself sick because it is easier to treat. And once again, thank you so much.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website