Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Stomach growling and diarrhea sometime
Anon_40035 posted:
I don't know just how to say this but here goes. It seems my stomach will growl real loud and long and then I'm running to the bathroom and been have diarrhea all evening. I've taken over the counter medicine to try and stop it but nothing. I do take metformin and byetta for my type 2 diabetes. I've been having this once in a while but I can't seem to stop it from happening. Could it be the metformin and byetta together causing this or do I have food prison? Anyone have an answer to this? Or anyone every heard of both problems at the same time?

Thanks

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello and welcome!Ugh, I know how that is to have to run to the restroom for an emergency. Just the loud growling can be enough to set the whole room on alert. :/

I'm going to link you to a few resources that I think may help and hopefully our community will chime in with some suggestions, too.

I hope you can find some answers there, and please write back and let us know how you're doing.

~Andie

elynch2011 responded:
One of my best friends was diagnosed with Crohn's disease, and those were her symptoms. She said when she laid on the ground, and her stomach would growl she could see the intestine rise up.

I am not a doctor, nurse, or a professional by any means. I know that going through testing for Crohn's can be a long process for some people.

Look up the symptoms, and if they match, talk to your doctor about it. If it's not, maybe they can give you something that can atleast make the diarrhea stop.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 63 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website