Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Dizziness after eating
jujulang posted:
I have just had the worst bout of vertigo after dinner I have had in a long time. It's been about an hour and a half and I'm still reeling along with a headache over my right eye and the right side of my head and my eyes feel heavy and hard to focus. I have this happen before, and I also seem to get hot flushes in my legs all the way up to my abdomen. I have slow motility and a gall bladder that doesnt function at 100% so I don't know if any of this is related to those two things or not.
My sugar is or has always been fine, thyroid has been tested and that's also normal as was all my other blood panels. I haven't had bloodwork in a while and will get some when I have my physical at the end of the month, but this bout has me a little freaked out.
My dinner consisted of an ear of corn, a small tuna sandwich and a cup of decaf tea.
Got any ideas?

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome to the Digestive Disorders Community and thanks for sharing all you've been going through. I can hear the frustration in your voice and sympathize with you.

No one can really be diagnosed over the internet and it is also WebMD poilcy that we not give a diagnosis, but you might want to use the WebMD symptom checker to help you narrow things down for yourself.

Another thing you might want to do is to start a food diary and see if you have foods that might trigger your symptoms. Is it really everything you eat or does it just seem like it? This will tell you.

WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or dial 911 immediately.

I'm sure our community will be chiming in soon, too! Good luck and please keep us posted.

~Andie

Helpful Tips

Have you tried better toilet posture?
There is a great new product on the market aimed at improving colon health by correcting the anorectal angle and making elimination easier ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website