Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Need help finding a way to get testing for chrohns disease when I dont have insurance.
MorganJuniper posted:
I am 27 and have been having stomach and bowel issues for over 10 years. I was told it was IBS about 10 years ago and no one ever tested more. Now I know its worse and i have been bleeding when using the bathrrom heavily sometimes. The symptoms I see for Chrons fit very close to me and to make things a little more set for me is that I in the last week found my real father whom I have never know. I now know there is family history of chrons diease. I am tired of being sick and never knowing when I will be sick. But I recently moved and dont have state insurance and it will be 90 days at least before a new job can provide me insurance. How can I get help to get testing/treatment when I have literally no money to pay for it, no insurance and problems that are getting very serious?
Any advice would be welcome.

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Morgan,

Sorry to hear about the digestive conditions you've been dealing with.

According to WebMD, there isn't one test that can tell you whether or not you have Crohn's disease . And Crohn's disease has many possible symptoms that are the same as symptoms for other health problems. So, to make a diagnosis of Crohn's disease, your doctor is likely to gather information from multiple sources.

You might check out this post on Free & Low Cost Healthcare for some ideas on how to find help with testing. Hopefully, our community will be chiming in soon with their suggestions, too.

Let us know how you're doing!

~Andie

MorganJuniper replied to Andie_WebMD_Staff's response:
I will be checking out the link listed thank you. I think that is the question i needed answered more than specific tests. I know I need a endoscopy/colonoscopy but cant afford to have one done and see the dr about results and or treatment.
Aside from that, any ideas other than aloe vera juice to help at home to keep the internal bleeding minimal?

I did start a belly blast challenge and began with 3 days of detox as well as an internal cleanse supplement, and moving forward with strictly organic and unprocessed foods. I do seem to feel better and after adding the aloe juice to my green smoothies (too chunky to drink alone) i do feel improvement. I am hoping with close and careful attention to my diet i will alleviate as much of my disconfort as possible.
Though during the detox I drank a smoothie with raspberries, strawberries, kale, spinach, and a little ground flax seed. That grittiness cause bleeding much more than ive been experiencing. I think that what ever is going on it heals up some and gritty or rough food break it open again.
So life is trial and error and Im striving everyday to make less error and acquire as much knowledge as possible to help myself and my family. I also Started a new job, I'm a hair stylist, which I love but am unable too get medical.

Thanks for your reply and thanks for the link and Thank you for caring
Morgan

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website