Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Meditation May Cut IBS Symptoms
Andie_WebMD_Staff posted:
People who practice the meditative technique called mindfulness meditation may be able to reduce the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), a new study shows.

Changes in quality-of-life impairment, anxiety, and psychological distress were not significantly different after the eight-week period. But all were much improved at the three-month follow-up in the meditation group.

Have you ever tried meditation to ease your pain or IBS symptoms? How long did you stick with it, and did you notice a change?

boonkian responded:
I totally agree with you meditation can be a supporting treatment for digestive disorder including IBS. My natural path doctor suggested me to try using guided meditation on top of some herbal medication to treat my heartburn and IBS ailment, and the effect is amazing.

David
Heartburn cures

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 63 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website