Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Chest pains, difficulty breathing, dizziness.
alzuniga posted:
Hi my name is Alessandro and I am a 28 year old male, 5'7", 150 lbs and I'm very active. The symptoms I have are chest pains, difficulty breathing, dizziness, stomach spasms, globus sensation, fullness, burping and gas. Sometimes when I exercise I start feeling nauseous and dizzy and get a feeling of gas in my chest. The tests that I've had are barium swallow, esophageal manometry, 24 hr esophageal ph test, upper endoscopy, gastric emptying and several EKG's. I've seen several GI's in Tallahassee and in Gainesville at Shands but I'm not getting any answers. Some of the medicines I've taken are Aciphex, Nexium and other medicined like them but they haven't worked. Has anyone ever had these same symptoms? Any help, advice or kind words are greatly appreciated. To be honest, the chest pains first started after my upper endoscopy, which was the first procedure I had. Everything else came after. Thank you

Magsjeanea responded:
I hate to say this but with those symptoms you need to go the the emergency room. Also EKG's can be normal with an abnormal problem with the heart. My husband was having chest pains and they treated him for acid reflux for one year, his EKG's were normal. Come to find out he had a normal EKG but an abnormal stress test. He has a 95% blockage in one of his main arteries. Please go to the ER and have them do cardiac blood workup on you. I know you are young but heart disease knows no age!
I hope you get well and that it is just a medical scare and that there is nothing wrong with you.
Take good care,
Jeaneau
Love Goes There,

Mag's Jeaneau

alzuniga replied to Magsjeanea's response:
Jeaneau, thanks for your response and concern. I did go to the Dr. today. I had chest x-rays and an EKG done. I had an ultrasound on my abdomen done and the only thing they saw was that my spleen was a little enlarged. I had a Treadmill test done not too long ago, maybe 6 months ago, when I was having these pains. Everything was normal. The doc wanted to give me some prilosec but I have already taken those before and they didn't make me feel any better. Not to mention that I don't have acid reflux, or so the results of my PH test say. Its so hard to be happy with so much pain. It's awful.

Magsjeanea replied to alzuniga's response:
You are more than quite welcome. What did the doctor say his next course of therapy would be for you. Just the Prilosec? I hope you find a medication that will work for you if it is reflex.
take good care,
Jeaneau
Love Goes There,

Mag's Jeaneau

Thunderactual responded:
Did you ever figure this out?

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website