Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
SCD (specific carbohydrate diet) for digestive issues
crohn_girl posted:
I have had Crohns disease for the past 5 and a half long years. I was in remission for 2 and a half years but been flaring up for 2 months now. I started the SCD today and hoping to see results very soon. I made gluten free belgium waffles and a smoothie with homemade yogurt, strawberries, and banana. Who has tried the Specific Carbohydrate diet? How does it work for you? I borrowed the book Breaking the Vicious Cycle at the library today and it has great recipes in it. I also got a few gluten free cookbooks and a Autism cookbook thats Gluten and Dairy free. I hope to see results soon. ~Hannah

Take the Poll

Who has ever tried the SCD? How does it work for you?
  • Yes, I love it
  • Yes, I felt the same
  • Yes, I felt worse
  • Yes, it stopped working
  • Never tried it
vote
View Poll Results

Magsjeanea responded:
Hi Hannah, I have not ever had a problem with the foods I eat and Crohn's but I know there are people with that problem. I want to invite you to join our Crohn's and Colitis community here on Web MD. We have several people who are on gluten free and can give you some hints and tips on diet. I hope that you can find something that can put you back in remission. Take good care, Jeaneau
Love Goes There,

Mag's Jeaneau

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 63 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website