Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Allergic to getting up early?
Melly_Belly posted:
After being diagnosed with IBS, I've noticed that getting up in the morning has begun to trigger some of the worst of my symptoms. Now, I'm forced to get up earlier than usual, just to make time to deal with getting sick before I'm able to start my day. Breakfast on top of getting up in the morning becomes a double whammy on my system and causes even greater symptoms that can last for most of the day. So breakfast must be skipped. Sleeping later into the day or allowing myself to wake up naturally doesn't have the same effect as being awaken earlier or by an alarm clock. I feel worse in the morning than any other time of day without having the trigger of food. Is there an explanation for this? Does anyone else have this issue?

Pierow responded:
Yes and many other issues. It's a roll of the dice when I get up early if I'm going to have problems. I haven't found any reasons or solutions for it either except to keep running to the bathroom until everything settles down.

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website