Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
What can I take to help my Stomach Upsets and Pains after Gastric Bypass
jerseylove12 posted:
I had gastric bypass about a year ago and lost about 120 pounds. But I am always having stomach pains. Always when I wake up in the morning. Usually throughout the day, but I can't seem to find any food pattern.
Sometimes I have stomach pains that are so bad it hurts my back and chest. It kind of feels like gas pains but it lasts for days and I've tried every OTC medicine I could think of.
I was thinking about trying align or something else prophylacticly. I tried taking pepcid every morning and it seemed to work a little, but not really.
These pains seem to be getting worse. Its supposed to get easier, but I'm just at my one year and i have pains every day after eating almost anything

calgal37 responded:
Jerseylove, have you called your GI doc to discuss the issue? That might be the first step in trying to find out what's going on. When you say you also have chest and/or back pain, it sounds like you could be experiencing esophageal spasms which might indicate reflux problems. Something like that isn't going to be controlled with OTC meds.

CMGREEN1965 responded:
Hey Jerseylove12 i had my surgery 1 yr ago also and i am having the same exact issues you are having, have u been able to find out what the cause is?

Helpful Tips

Need Quick Answers?
We know many of our members come to our communities in pain and looking for quick answers to get them some relief. Because communities are ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website